Saturday 14 May 2011

Decisions, Decisions...


Looking at the alternatives, I still feel much more drawn to the war theme. This is because the history of gender roles and the shift in feminine and masculine attributes happens clearly in this period. It also gives the projects a real human angle because the of high level of emotion attached to something as shocking as WW2. Another reason is that I find the objects and ways to warp them fascinating, I love vintage things, clothing and memorabilia etc, and it makes me think there was a real story behind it and why it could be damaged or altered. This again links back to the route of my project, which was anthropomorphism as the objects develop a human like personality because of the stories.

Though this project is much more of a sculptural piece than originally intended, I think that the important point to draw from this is to question what a product is, how its made and who its for. So, although I am not really making and developing a new product, this project gives me things to consider using in the future.   

In summary then… Decided: War Theme

No comments:

Post a Comment