Wednesday 18 May 2011

Trip to the Imperial War Museum

Yesterday to learn more about the objects from the war I visited the war museum in London. Though the Demob and VE day things they had were limited I found it really useful to get a proper look at all the soldiers gear and weapons and there was a good amount of information about life in Britain and the Home Front.

Here are some pictures:
(quality could be better but my camera broke so this is on a Blackberry)


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow



This visit helped to identify the important objects in the war to the soldiers and also gave me more information on make do and mend and the women's roles in the war. I managed to purchase the Made do and Mend book as well as some replica documents like leaflets and letters that were aim at women during the war. I aim to look to these for inspiration but now I think I have the objects I want to create so it now comes down to creating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment