Thursday 5 May 2011

More Wire Prototypes


I am trying to get an idea of how the shape I designed for the masculine lamp will look in a 3D form and whether wire would be suitable as a material to do this in. What I have discovered is that I love the appearance of the wire because it looks rugged in a way and seems a little bit unkempt which endears me. However, I would like the final piece to be a lot more bulked out i.e. less of a wireframe, more of an actual thick 3D form. I could do this by using more layer in the chicken wire and using finer wire meshes. 

I also want to explore other ways of creating the shape, as I feel as though the shape works in the context I want to use it for and as much as i like the wire, I think it has some limitations in terms of structural strength which other materials may be better for. I can also use the wire in a multi-media way, say for example if I wanted to use some ceramic and some wire parts I can explore ways to link them.

No comments:

Post a Comment