Monday 9 May 2011

On Reflection, Maybe a Different Route?

Okay, some reflection time talking to other people has made me reconsider a few things. Firstly, why does my lamp have to look like a lamp? My design has a base a top some shapes in the middle which now seem a bit to much considering I am drawn to simple objects. It seems contradictory to make products that probably wouldn't appeal to me and be overly complex and obvious for the people I would target this product at. Maybe I'm trying too hard, time to relax and have fun.
Secondly , why have the two pieces of the lamp, is anything gained from keeping them separate? We talked about the idea of having a masculine object like a hammer then making it out of a very feminine material like lace than having that as a lamp. The concept is still elementally the same mixing the masculine and feminine but it's much more fun and more like something I'd enjoy doing.
So now I am going to look at the objects I can change, maybe focus on some themes e.g. weapons or something more general like things in an old country house/manor. Also, I can see ways to change them and how the processes and the lighting aspects can all feed in to the change of the product and how that can challenge it.



These are some examples of the type of thing I want to create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment